Thursday 19 April 2007

DJ Samba

DJ Samba - drummer with The 100 Club


First record I ever bought:

Smurfs Go Pop at the age of 6. Still have the album to this day, rather depressingly. First proper album will have been Whatever You Want - Status Quo (tour double CD). Love it.


The song that led to my first pop star crush:

I can honestly say I've never had one. Sorry!


The song that reminds me of my first true love:

Graffiti - Maximo Park. Although I'm honestly not sure. It gets complicated as to what you really view as true love. I'm going to say my current missus, as I do truly love her and forever will.


The song that's guaranteed to make me dance:

Used for Glue - Rival Schools. Such an uplifting and energetic song, whenever I hear it out (which isn't often) I just go crazy - and I'm not usually a person for crazy! The main riff just makes you feel alive.


My favourite holiday track:

Bang Bang - Nancy Sinatra. Whenever I go on holiday, it's usually with my parents and their best friends. In the 2 weeks away, I become fully immersed in 60's and 70's classics. So I'd say this, or Tell Laura I Love Her - Ricky Valance.


The song I'd most like to sing on stage:

I Will Always Love You, by Whitney Houston. I can't sing, but it's one thing I really wish I could do. And if I could, I'd sing this. Sometimes I even do in soundchecks. Everyone bursts out laughing!


The most embarrassing record I ever bought:

On The 6 - Jennifer Lopez. I was young, I didn't know what real music was back then. If I'm honest, it's not *that* bad an album...


The song I wish I'd written:

I'm Impressed - Yourcodenameis:milo. It's my favourite track at the moment, and I wish it was mine! But there are so many. Fiscally, I'd say the theme tune from Friends - The Rembrandts, as they must be rich as anything by now.


The best guitar riff ever:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana. I hate the band, but that riff changed the face of modern music forever, and for the better. Also, it's one of those riffs that EVERYONE can play.


My favourite love song:

Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Andy Williams. 'I love you baby, and if it's quite alright I need you baby....'


The track that reminds me of my best mates:

57 - Biffy Clyro. Reminds me of Rowan
Anything by Placebo. Makes me think of Dave
Anything by All That Remains. Makes me think of Ad.
Graffiti - Maximo Park. Makes me think of Laura.
Head - The Cooper Temple Clause. Makes me think of Eli.
Trojan Horse - Billy Ruffian. Makes me think of Thom.

My favourite Beatles song:

Yellow Submarine. If I must.


The song that reminds me of childhood:

Power rangers theme tune. Anything by ABBA (I was brought up on ABBA. How am I still straight?)


Song/Album to make love to:

A Certain Trigger - Maximo Park. It's so very dynamic, and beautiful in places.


Song to play at your funeral:

The Lake - The Cooper Temple Clause - Very depressing and thoughtful and deep. It's a song I can get lost in completely.


Our Tune:

I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At The Disco - Or the aforementioned Grafitti


Song to break up to:

7% - Sunna. I used to have a mix tape of quiet songs for when reflective times were needed. Such as a break up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss your renderings of 'You're Just Too Good To Be True' in soundcheck.

I was once in a rock club where someone broke their neck headbanging to the opening of Smells Like Teen Spirit. I'm inclined to say they got everything they deserved...

Duck said...

Hello Thom and welcome.

I totally agree

Unknown said...

I emailed my cdcv to you yesterday by the way, did it come through?
Thanks,
Thom

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about the ubiquitousness of technology in our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]R4 SDHC[/url] DS NetBlog)