Wednesday 11 April 2007

Amazing Dave

First record I ever bought:

Offspring - Original Prankster. Not really sure, but this was early on so I'll go with it. Got me into punk.


The song that led to my first pop star crush:

Absolutely anything by Shania Twain. Think I still love that woman.


The song that reminds me of my first true love:

Everything I Do (I Do It For You) - Bryan Adams. Don't want to go into details.


The song that's guaranteed to make me dance:

A Town Called Malice - The Jam. Awesome song. Can't help but dance like a dickhead.


My favourite holiday track:

Penny Lane/Let It Be - The Beatles. Me and my cousin spent hours listening to these songs when I went visiting.


The song I'd most like to sing on stage:

Common People - Pulp. Fucking classic song, plus I know all the lyrics off by heart.


The most embarrassing record I ever bought:

I own two, yes two! Britney Spears albums - plus I've seen her live.


The song I wish I'd written:

Still In Love With You - Thin Lizzy. 'Think I'll just fall to pieces, If I don't find something else to do, This sadness never ceases. Woman, I'm still in love with you.' Pure poetry.


The best guitar riff ever:

Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple. (Or Layla - Eric Clapton. Such a difficult choice. Aaarrrggghhh. Head hurts)


My favourite love song:

Love - John Lennon. So simple but amazingly definitive. Genius.


The track that reminds me of my best mates:

Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden (High school mates)
Shock Me - Kiss (college mates)
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd (now)


My favourite Beatles song:

I Want You (She's So Heavy). Off the fabulous Abbey Road album.


The song that reminds me of childhood:

Transformers theme tune. Not sure if it counts. Robots in disguise indeed.


Song to make love to:

Let Me Put My Love Into You - AC/DC. Pretty self-explanatory


Song to play at your funeral:

Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division (Or Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham as a joke!)


Our Tune:



Song to break up to:

She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd

5 comments:

Duck said...

This means I'll be dancing at your funeral. Hope you don't mind. ;-)

Slight cheating with the multiple choices. Tut tut.

Anonymous said...

I do apologise for that, but its difficult to choose between which song reminds me of different sets of the friends. And the guitar riff. How can you choose without your head imploding? Just to let you know, on the Thin Lizzy song, its "This sadness never ceases. Woman. I'm still in love with you." Can't miss out words on a song like that.

Duck said...

I checked lyrics for accuracy before posting. I'm anal like that. There was no 'woman'.

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/thin_lizzy/still_in_love_with_you.html

BUT I'm willing to bend on this occasion...

perhaps it's sung on a live version. I'm happy for Mr Lynott to change the words if he wishes.

Anonymous said...

I apologise. The album version doesn't say woman, though the live version (better than album) does. And it would be hard for Mr. Lynott to change his lyrics, as he's dead.

Duck said...

Not when he sang the 'live' version ;-)