Sunday 22 April 2007

Thom

Thom, the workshy fop's choices

First record I ever bought:

Rocket From the Crypt/Scream Dracula Scream - Ash – 1977. Bought on tape, at the same time. I'll stand by both of these.


The song that led to my first pop star crush:

They were mainly on skanky girls from metal bands. The music didn't have much to do with it...


The song that reminds me of my first true love:

Heroine - Suede.


The song that's guaranteed to make me dance:

Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello. A crazed gypsy punk dance.


My favourite holiday track:

Anything off the first Wildhearts album works for me. Great summer pop-rock music.


The song I'd most like to sing on stage:

Jackie by Jacques Brel/Scott Walker on Pop Idol. But only if I could sing it like Scott Walker.


The most embarrassing record I ever bought:

I'm not embarrassed by any of them. Some people may mock Daphne & Celeste, but that record stands the test of time.


The song I wish I'd written:

Spanish Bombs - The Clash. Also this verse, from Lucky Like St Sebastian - Momus: 'Oh Dante though I'm anti such romantic speculation I'm your hypocrite reader in the same situation, I'm your double, oh me, I'm your brother in pain / It's comic but not divine, the tragedy is no-one's died.'


The best guitar riff ever:

Stay Beautiful - Manic Street Preachers.


My favourite love song:

Whole Wide World - Wreckless Eric, or Zombie Crush - The Groovie Ghoulies. Its not every love song where the singer asks the recipient to sew their mouth shut and shoot them.


The track that reminds me of my best mates:

Dancing to First of the Gang to Die at the Star


My favourite Beatles song:

I don't have one. I quite like 'My Sweet Lord', at a push.


The song that reminds me of childhood:

Babies - Pulp.


Song to make love to:

Nick Cave's darker moments normally work. Or Rachel Stamp, of course.


Song to play at your funeral:

The Final Taxi, - Wreckless Eric. Not a dry eye in the house. 'There's only one destination in your final taxi…'


Our Tune:

The Boy Done Good - Billy Bragg. 'I feel like I've won the cup every time that we make love / 45 minutes each way, at half time I hear a brass band play'


Song to break up to:

Prayer to God - Shellac. Probably the most bitter and vengeful song ever recorded. 'To the one true god above/ Here is my prayer / I've got two people here, and I want you to kill them… Him just f*cking kill him, I don't care if it hurts/ Yes I do, I want it to'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]google blackhat[/URL], You are far from alone if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known avenues to generate an income online.